Free Consultation Day or Night


Understand Your Options With Student Visas

The student visa program allows foreign nationals to further their education in the United States. While most holders of visitor visas may enter a course of study of 18 hours a week or less, students who wish to pursue a more rigorous or full-time course must secure a special visa.

I am Donald Robinowitz of The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C., and my firm helps students from all over the world pursue their educational goals in the United States. We represent foreign nationals, Americans, employers, permanent residents and anyone else who needs assistance reaching their immigration goals.

My experienced staff and I can help you pursue a range of student visas, including:

  • F-1 student visas are the most common type of visas issued to students. This visa is intended for people to study full-time in the United States. If you receive an F-1 visa, you are also allowed to remain in the United States for up to 60 days after completing your studies.
  • M-1 visas are for vocational students who wish to study at a technical college, community college, trade school or other nonacademic institution. It also allows students to enroll in job-related training programs.
  • J-1 visas are for individuals who have been approved for study-based exchange opportunities. J-1 visa holders are expected to return to their home country after completing their exchange program.

Securing these visas can be a lengthy and complex process, and having a knowledgeable immigration lawyer on your side can help you avoid making potentially serious mistakes that compromise your ability to study in the United States. We will guide you through the process and help you pursue the authorization you need.

Contact Us — Free Phone Consultation — Se Habla Español

Let us focus on the legal aspect of your visa so you can continue to focus on your education. To speak with an immigration attorney about your goals and concerns, please contact our firm online, call 713-622-6676. From offices in Houston, Texas, we serve clients throughout Texas and all over the world.