Free Consultation Day or Night


Houston Family Visa Lawyer

We understand your wish to reunite with your spouse and children, but it is important to get solid legal advice early in the process. Entering the U.S. on the wrong visa or filing an incomplete petition could result in major delays or denial of entry. The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C., will explain the complex process and ensure your immigration matter is handled correctly from start to finish.

Free Phone Consultation: 713-622-6676 • Se Habla Español

Based in Houston, Texas, I help U.S. citizens and permanent residents secure travel permits and employment authorization on behalf of immigrant family members. We assist clients in Harris, Montgomery, Galveston and surrounding counties in all immigration petitions:

  • Immigrant visa for a foreign-born spouse
  • Visa for an unmarried child under 21
  • Permanent resident (green card)
  • Employment authorization
  • Adjustment of status
  • Family visas for a married child, parent or sibling

Spouse Visas

Being apart from your spouse and/or child(ren) for a long time is difficult. We do everything possible to speed up the process by gathering all required documentation and addressing any legal obstacles before filing the petition.

Most often I recommend the immigrant visa as a means of entry for spouses. As a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor your husband or wife, providing you are already married to the person and the marriage took place outside of the U.S.

The immigrant visa may take longer, but once your spouse enters the U.S. they will be eligible for their green card and will be able to work in America immediately. Your spouse will not have to deal with immigration issues anymore — no need for adjustment of status or visa renewal. Immigrant visas are processed in the country where you were married, so the time frame for approval varies. In Mexico, for example, the process takes 12 to 18 months.

  • Alternative Entry: The K3 marriage visa (available only to U.S. citizens) allows quicker entry, but greatly increases the time to obtain a green card. If your spouse will not need to work, we can discuss whether the K3 is right for you. (The visitor visa is not recommended as a means of entry if you are already married.)

Family Visas For Children Or Relatives

Children under 21 (not married) can immigrate to the U.S. with your spouse, but bringing other family members (a married child, parent, brother or sister) often takes years. Thorough preparation of your petition does reduce the time, and the sooner you start the process, the sooner your loved ones can join you.

Honest, Knowledgeable Representation: 713-622-6676

I am an experienced immigration lawyer, practicing in Texas for nearly 15 years and serving immigrants worldwide. My legal assistant, Maria Chavarria, also offers extensive experience and speaks fluent Spanish. Our integrity and your comfort level are important to us — we will not submit your application until we are confident we have all documentation needed for approval. We ask for only half of the legal fees up front and the other half when we get receipt from the USCIS.

Contact us today for your free phone consultation, or to arrange a meeting about your family visa issue at our Houston office.