Free Consultation Day or Night


Adjustment Of Status And Green Cards

The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C., represents foreign nationals in all adjustment of status petitions after they have gained lawful entry into the United States. I have the experience and sophisticated knowledge to get your case approved in the most efficient and affordable manner.

Free Phone Consultation: 713-622-6676

Se Habla Español

We provide professional, personalized service to clients throughout the greater Houston, Texas, area and surrounding counties. With our experience and knowledge we can handle all adjustment of status cases:

  • Fiancée to spouse
  • Nonimmigrant to permanent resident
  • Tourist visa to temporary conditional resident
  • Children of immigrants to permanent resident

About Adjustment Of Status

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a complex bureaucracy. My extensive familiarity with the regulations and procedures enables us to speed up your petition and confidently address any legal issues regarding your existing visa or adjustment application.

Fiancée Or Family Petitions

If you obtained a fiancée visa and married in the U.S., or your spouse entered on a K3 visa or visitor visa, we can help your fiancée or spouse file for adjustment of status. They must obtain employment authorization. To switch to permanent resident status (green card), it is an approximate processing time of four to six months. If you have been married less than two years, the USCIS will grant Conditional Resident status. Before the expiration of the two years, it is recommended that the person apply 90 days prior to the expiration of the temporary green card to obtain the legal permanent resident card. The spouse can apply to have the conditions removed and obtain a permanent green card. To request removal of conditions, you must be able to submit proof of the validity of your marriage, such as joint bank statements, joint purchase agreements, certificates for births of children born within the marriage, etc.

Family Members

  • If you are a U.S. citizen, your parents, siblings and children (married or unmarried) can apply for green cards if they have a valid family visa.
  • If you are a permanent resident, only your spouse and unmarried child under 21 can apply for green cards.
  • Family-based green cards can be either unlimited or subject to quotas, depending on the country of origin. We can explain the restrictions and probable wait time for your specific situation.

Employment-Based Green Cards

Adjustment of status from nonimmigrant to immigrant typically takes longer, based on USCIS annual quotas. Typically, you must have worked for the employer for a period of four years to be eligible for a green card — the more specialized your skills are, the higher your priority will be. We assist in the Labor Certification process and filing of I-140 petitions.

Extensions And Renewals

  • H-1B work visa or family-based visa extension, or green card renewal
  • Extension of your visitor visa (B-1, B-2) for business, pleasure, or medical travel in the U.S.; if your I-94 card has expired, and you have not overstayed more than 180 days, we can help file for a replacement card

Contact us today for responsive, personalized service. We have been handling all types of immigration issues for more than 15 years. My knowledgeable legal assistant, Maria Chavarria, is fluent in Spanish, and we welcome immigrants of any country. We invite you to a free phone consultation at 713-622-6676, and offer evening, weekend and early morning appointments. We do not ask for payment until we have reviewed your case and are confident of success.