Free Consultation Day or Night


Obtaining A K1 Fiancé Visa

To bring your foreign-born fiancée into the United States to marry, you need an experienced attorney who can properly prepare the petition. The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C., represents U.S. citizens in Houston and surrounding areas of Texas in securing a fiancé visa with the least hassle or delay.

Free Consultation: 713-622-6676

With nearly 15 years of immigration law experience, we have sophisticated knowledge and experience in working through the complex bureaucracy to expedite processing of K1 visas. In fact, because of our thorough attention to detail before submitting a fiancé visa petition, we have never had one denied. After assembling your package, we can give you an estimated timeframe for approval. The entire process typically takes four to six months.

About The K1 Visa

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is sometimes suspicious of fiancée visas, guarding against those entering the U.S. under false pretenses. We gather the extensive documentation required to prove your legitimate petition:

  • Citizenship — Only a U.S. citizen can obtain a K1 fiancé visa. Permanent residents (green card holders) cannot qualify.
  • Proof of relationship — You must show that you have known each other a period of typically three to four months, and prove to the USCIS that you are engaged and actually intend to wed.
  • Valid passport and birth certificate
  • Employment history — It must go back five years for both parties.
  • Six or more photographs of your fiancé.

Once your fiancée enters the U.S., you must then convert the process from a fiancée visa to a temporary conditional resident. This process must take place before the expiration of the K1 visa. After marriage, we can help file for adjustment of status for your spouse to obtain permanent residency status. Your fiancé’s unmarried children under the age of 21 may also enter the U.S. under an accompanying K2 visa petition.

We’re Confident We Can Help

I have practiced extensively in family-based immigration, and understand how the wary bureaucrats of the USCIS work. Any discrepancy in your petition can result in delay or denial. We will not submit your application until we have verified your relationship with your fiancé and made sure we have all documents needed to the government’s satisfaction. We will also be honest and upfront about any issues that may cause your petition to be denied — we don’t want to waste your time and money.

Of course, we cannot and do not guarantee approval of a fiancé visa. However, to show you how confident we are that we can help, we typically ask for only half of the fees up front, collecting the other half only after we submit your package and get receipt from the USCIS (usually 45 to 60 days after filing).

Direct Contact With An Experienced Immigration Lawyer

Contact The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C., today at 713-622-6676 for a free phone consultation or to arrange a meeting at our Houston office (evening, weekend and early morning appointments available). My legal assistant is fluent in Spanish and experienced in immigration matters, and we are dedicated to the highest degree of professional and personal service.